Use of cookies We use cookies to improve your experience. By using you agree to our terms of use and use of cookies

Find a Conservation Architect

If you are looking to commission work on a historic building, you will need an architect with specific skills and experience.

The RIBA Conservation Register of specialists encompasses all aspects of historic building conservation, repair and maintenance.

The register has three tiers of specialism. Click on the links below to browse the current list of architects in each category.

Specialist Conservation Architect (SCA)
A Specialist Conservation Architect has authoritative knowledge of conservation practice and extensive experience of working with historic buildings.

Conservation Architect (CA)
A Conservation Architect has in-depth knowledge and experience of working with historic buildings.

Conservation Registrant (CR)
A Conservation Registrant has an awareness of the issues involved in working with historic buildings and has attended a conservation course approved by the RIBA.

If you live in a Georgian, Victorian or Edwardian terraced house, or if you live in a conservation area or in a listed building, download the guide for private clients.

If you are involved in development or investment in the commercial, public, ecclesiastical or charitable sectors, or you are a planner or other professional download the guide for corporate clients.

For more information, contact the RIBA Client Services team:
telephone: +44 (0) 20 7307 3700

Want to join the Conservation Register?

Available Resources

keyboard_arrow_up To top

Latest updates