The UK Government has stated that the UK will leave the European Union. If the UK Government and European Commission do not come to an agreement on the terms of the UK’s withdrawal, it means that the UK will trade with the EU on WTO and measures such as Freedom of Movement will no longer be in place.
The UK Government has published a number of technical notices to help business and citizens prepare for this outcome. This page brings together UK Government information relating to the key issues that will affect the architecture sector.
The RIBA also recommends going through the UK Government’s ‘No Deal’ Brexit Check.
If you would like to get in touch with the RIBA please contact: President.Brexit@riba.org
- Immigration and settlement for EU/EEA nationals in the UK
- Recognition of professional qualifications between the UK and EU/EEA
- Travelling between the UK and EU and living in the EU
- Exporting services and procurement
- Importing and exporting goods, construction production regulation and environmental standards
- Consumer rights, intellectual property, data protection and structuring a business
- Banking, finance and EU funding
If you are looking for further information on other issues, please check the UK Government’s Brexit webpage.