Technical security services for architectural practices
We understand the importance of protecting your business from the growing cybercrime industry, so we’ve done the due diligence to provide members with a trustworthy cybersecurity solution to protect you professionally and affordably. RIBA has partnered with Mitigo to offer technical and cyber security services with exclusive discounts for our members.
The importance of protecting your practice
Organisations in the UK are targeted by cybercriminals thousands of times per day and protecting your business is a big and fast-growing issue. Without adequate protection in place, victims could face theft of information, data, financial and intellectual property, reputational damage, and even potential for regulator action and fines.
Architecture is heavily dependent on technology and cyber-attacks can seriously disrupt how your practice operates. With a staggering 86% of victims already having firewall security in place, there is need for a more robust solution. Read our article on Ransomware to find out how much the impact of a cyber attack can affect your practice.
Focusing on three key pillars of your practice - technology, people and your processes - the team will work with you to assess exposure to dangers of any kind.
The service includes:
- On and off-site assessments of your technical security arrangements, followed by a report with recommendations and advice on how to close the identified gaps
- On and offsite vulnerability scanning of your network and devices, followed by cyber risk ratings and a detailed ‘get well plan'
- Direct liaising with your team or outsourced IT providers if wished
Cyber people training and competence
- An eLearning platform for your staff, offering cyber training, awareness modules and competence training
- Periodic simulated cyber-attacks agreed with you to promote continuous learning, vigilance against cyber threats and to assess people vulnerabilities
Governance - cyber security policies
- On and offsite review of your cybersecurity control framework, preparation of tailored policies for your organization to deal with cyber and data security effectively
- Preparation of a tailored regime of maintenance and management tasks for continued cyber protection
- Annual review of control framework and updated policies and maintenance.
All the services will be combined into a simple online dashboard to enable you to view and access all your services.
Free webinar now available
There will be a free webinar taking place on 27 February at 12:00 until 12.30pm. Here, you will discover the risks you need to be aware of and how to stay protected against them.
To join, please email RIBA Business.
For more information, please email a member of the business team, or call 0207 307 3737.