Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this event will be livestreamed only. Click the link above to secure your £20 ticket.
Future Leaders is a three-part programme, consisting of three individual half-day events at two-month intervals. It provides early career professionals with a comprehensive introduction to leadership through industry specific training. Sessions on key soft skills are delivered by experienced coaches, communications experts and thought leaders, while delegates also benefit from the invaluable applied knowledge and experience of some of the UK’s leading architects.
RIBA Future Leaders: Developing a Leadership Mindset – 26 March 2020
Future Leaders 2020 launches with a dedicated session on developing a leadership mindset. To be effective as leaders, it is necessary to start with our self-perception and self-awareness. Why is leadership important? How does understanding yourself as a leader impact on your behaviour, and how others see you? Are common (mis)conceptions about what it takes to be a leader realistic? How can empathy drive great relationships and the ability to influence without authority? Finally, what values drive you and for what purpose would you lead?
The programme will be led by leadership coach, Anne Fogarty. For over 16 years, Anne has helped leaders and teams to maximise their performance, with clients including Douglas Wallace Architects, the BBC, Virgin Atlantic, Catalyst Housing, and more. She will introduce a theoretical framework for leadership and deliver interactive sessions designed to challenge your thinking about your role as leaders, understand how to motivate teams and manage performance, and get you thinking about leading change over the three days of the series. We are delighted to welcome highly regarded architects from leading UK practices who will share their personal and professional experience of leadership.
This event is RIBA CPD Approved. It is worth 3.5 hours of structured CPD.
The quickest, easiest and cheapest way of securing your space is to purchase a block booking ticket, which grants you access to all three events for the price of two. RIBA Members receive more than 40% discount on tickets.
Speakers and coaches
- Anne Fogarty, Leadership Coach
- Delia Harmston, Sheffield Studio Director, HLM Architects
- Tracy Meller, Partner, Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- Emma Zangs, Communication and Movement Coach
What will you learn?
- What it means to lead and why it matters
- How to nurture your authentic leadership style
- Why emotional intelligence matters
- How to communicate with impact
- Navigating leadership challenges in practice
Virtual speed mentoring
A virtual Speed Mentoring event will take place from 6.30 to 7.30pm after the livestream. Delegates will be matched with three mentors for 20 minute informal mentoring sessions via video link. Join us for a rare opportunity to learn from and network with a group of 30 highly respected industry leaders including:
- Chie Shimizu, Partner, Weston+Williamson
- Carl Vann, Partner, Pollard Thomas Edwards
- Karen Mosley, Managing Director, HLM Architects
- 7 May, Future Leaders: Leading Teams
- 1 July, Future Leaders: Leading Change
- 16 September, Future Leaders: Alumni Social